Blast off into another great summer of reading, learning, and fun with the 2019, A Universe of Stories Summer Reading Program! Reading during the summer helps prevent learning loss and gives kids an opportunity to explore interests. The reading program is open to all ages, from pre-readers to adults! In addition to encouraging children to spend the summer reading, the library offers fun, free, educational programs every Monday through Friday from May 30 to July 25. For more information on these great programs visit the Events Calendar or “Like” us on Facebook.
How to Participate:
Step 1. Register your child online or at the library.
- You can now register up to five participants at once with the Online Registration Form.
- Pick up your child’s first reading log and full instructions at the library or print them at home with the links below.
Step 2: Log your child’s reading and spin the prize wheel.
- Begin logging your child’s reading on May 30th.
- Each time your child meets a benchmark, he or she can spin the prize wheel.
- Remember to bring all of your child’s reading logs to the library each time to spin the wheel. Turn in your reading logs on or before July 22 to be entered to win a grand prize.
Listeners – Children who do not read independently
Readers – Children who read independently
Teens – Ages 12 through 18
Teens must receive their information sheet at the library and will be sorted into a Lybraria House at that time.
Adults – Ages 18 and up
Summer Reading is not just for kids!