REGISTRATION OPENS IN THE BEGINNING OF APRIL 2023.
Motivate your reader this Summer with E.G. Fisher Public Library’s Summer Reading Program! The Summer Reading Program is for everyone of all ages! There will be many activities throughout summer!
Step 1: Register at http://fisherlibrary.readsquared.com or download the READsquared app through your app store.
- Register as an individual or as a family using ReadSquared. You can find us under E.G. Fisher Library.
- Select the appropriate program.
- Listeners: For kids who are read to
- Readers by books: For kids who can read or take an active role during reading
- Readers by pages: For kids who can read or take an active role during reading
- Teens: For readers ages 12-18
- Adults: For adult readers
- Reading tracking may be done digitally using ReadSquared or the ReadSquared app.
- Paper registration and reading logs are available upon request.
Step 2: Keep track by logging your reading.
- Starting June 2, every time you or your child reads or listens to a book, log the reading on ReadSquared.
- Listeners – Log the number of books read.
- Readers by books- Log the number of books read.
- Readers by pages – Log every 100 pages read.
- Teens – Log every 100 pages read.
- Adults – Log the number of books read.
Step 3: Unlock and Collect Prizes
- First day to collect prizes is Monday June 5, 2023.
- Once readers and listeners reach a benchmark, he or she can come collect a prize from the library.
- Teens and adults will fill in the reading logs which also act as raffle tickets to enter into a prize drawing.
- Benchmarks for each program are:
|Listeners and Readers by Books
|Spin 1: 10 Books|
|Spin 2: 20 Books|
|Spin 3: 30 Books|
|Spin 4: 40 Books|
|Spin 5: 50 Books|
|Spin 6: 60 Books|
|Spin 7: 70 Books|
|Spin 8: 80 Books|
|Spin 9: 90 Books|
|Spin 10: 100 Books|
|Spin 11: 125 Books|
|Spin 12: 150 Books|
Readers by Pages and Teens: For every 100 pages read, teens get an entry into a prize drawing
Adults: For every book read, adults get an entry into a prize drawing
Step 4: Happy Summer Reading!
- Continue reading and tracking books and pages to spin the prize wheel or enter in a prize drawing throughout summer. Be aware there is a daily limit when logging books.
- The last day to log reading and collect prizes is July 17, 2022.
- Raffle ticket prizes will be drawn throughout the summer.
- At the end of our Summer Reading Program, don’t forget to log your final books online or turn in your paper logs to collect your summer reading certificate at the library.
- Top reading winners will be announced at the Finale Party on July 20, 2023.
Masks are recommended but not required inside the library. Curbside prize pick up is available. For curbside prize pick up please call 423-745-7782 from the library parking lot.